Saturday, February 20, 2016

Brain Fog, Energy & Favorite Sites

The past couple of days have been pretty busy so I have gotten a little behind on my blog. 

Thursday is a blur, a lot of running around and I just ended up getting Wendy's for supper and just removed the bun and has a couple of fries.

My husband is not one to get me Valentine's Day gifts, but he came home a few days ago with a steak  So last night I got pizza for the kids (it was pizza night) and made my husband and I a steak dinner with baked potato (I only had half since I am trying to watch my carbs....here is an article on why I allow potatoes on occasion in my Paleo diet) and asparagus w/Hollandaise sauce which I made from 3 egg yolks, Tbsp of Lemon Juice and a 1/2 stick of butter.  It was delicious and I didn't feel hungry and hour later like I had been the past few nights.

One thing I have started to notice since going Paleo is my brain is not so foggy.  I can actually focus on what I am doing without feeling overly tired and unable to think.  Today, I decided to give up coffee on a regular basis to see how I did.   I am starting to feel a slight headache (which I expected) but other than that pretty well.   I had more energy today than I have had in a long time, so I think I am beginning to make some progress.  

I have found a few sites that have really helped me both to understand the purpose of the Paleo diet and the why's behind the acceptable and non-acceptable foods and have provided me with some creative recipe that I would like to try.  Here is a list:

Paleo Leap - great source of information and recipes.  It does a really good job about why certain foods are nutritionally allowed and others aren't.  It also encourages you to do the best with what you have and can afford instead of guilt tripping use for not using the "best ingredients".

Paleo Grubs - this has been a good source for me for recipes as has A Girl Worth Saving.

That's about it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment